We get a lot of questions from people asking us what parks they should visit during specific times of the year. On today’s episode we’re going season to season, talking about which parks are great to visit during the winter, spring, summer, and fall. We cover all 63 national parks, taking into account factors like their weather, accessibility, wildflowers, fall foliage, crowds, and much more. Grab a pen and paper and get ready to take notes. You might learn a few seasonal travel tips that’ll come in handy when planning your next spring break destination, summer vacation, or fall getaway.
Some of the topics we discuss in this episode:
· The only national park that closes in the winter
· The one piece of the U.S. that is below the equator
· Our favorite park to snowmobile in
· Best national parks to view the brilliant fall colors
· Which park you can tour while on a beer train excursion
· The park you’d visit if you also wanted to attend the International Chili Championship
· Which parks you can visit in the winter for a tropical getaway
· And our list of national parks that are great to visit in any season.
Links to more information:
· The Kula Cloth
· Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad (link to the beer train)
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
When visiting Grand Canyon National Park, one of the world's seven natural wonders, should you visit the North Rim, the South Rim, or both? In this …
This episode is devoted to Smokey Bear, the beloved spokesanimal of the United States Forest Service, who spreads awareness about how to prevent accidental, human-caused wildfires. We …
#81: Our Favorite Ranger-led Tours
National Park Service sites across the country offer a wide variety of ranger-led tours, and in this episode, we talk about some of our favorites. From …
In our Mailbag episodes, we answer questions from listeners about the national parks, road trips, camping, backpacking, gear, relationships, and pretty much whatever anyone wants to ask us. …
#79: Mailbag: Pinnacles National Park, and much more!
In our Mailbag episodes, we answer questions from listeners about the national parks, road trips, camping, backpacking, gear, …
Home to one of the deepest and narrowest canyons in the world, this park in west-central Colorado is a must-see destination, even if you only spend a …